Friday, October 8, 2010

Birthday Wishes

Happy TGIF!!!  Okay, before I get started...I have 2 confessions (just like the good Catholic girl I am!! {wink, wink} lol).  First, this card is a shameless CASE of the gorgeous card Dawn McVey posted this week...I just couldn't resist it!!! Second confession...I really have no idea what colour I used for the base of the card!  LOL  The challenge colour for Stacey's Curtain Call Colour Challenge is Cajun Craze, but really, it could be Dusty Durango or any one of the SU In Colours from the past 3 years.  I always get the sample pack and keep them in a magazine folder away from the standard colours...but by the end of the year, they are all mixed up...I know for sure it's not Really Rust, but that's all I know!!  So for today's purposes, it's Cajun Craze :)  I got to ink up my new PTI Framed stamp and pair it with an old Mega Mixed Messages stamp :)  This card is for my Aunt Yvonne who turns 80 this month and will be up visiting this week for Thanksgiving.  She was the Aunt I visited this summer and who took me camping for several summers when I was young.  Oh, I did add one unique thing to my card...the bling!!! But even Dawn got me hooked on that two and a half years ago!!!  The bottom layer of the flower was made by punching out some October Afternoon paper with a large heart punch.  Anyways, I hope you like this homage to Dawn's card...have a great day :)

what's in it?
stamps: pti leaf prints, framed, mega mixed messages
ink: versfine onyx, versamark
paper: pti kraft, chartreuse, summer sun; SU more mustard, dusty durango?, october afternoon and su dps
accessories: ek success heart punch, su circle punches, pti button, baker's twine, gemstones, ms doily, pti leaf die

7 comments:

Marisa said...

Great CASE Maureen :) I hear you on the colour issue LOL! Love the frame and striped twine. You have me intrigued on using the heart punch to make the flower. Great card - I'm sure your aunt will love it :) Have a fabulous Thanksgiving if I don't chat with you before then.

Aimes said...

Say a couple of Hail Marys and all is forgiven, Diva! LOL!
A super duper CASE and who cares what the name of the colour is; so long as it looks fabulous, that's all that matters, right?!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

TannyP said...

Well you certainly did her proud - GORGEOUS card! I love that you felt you had to confess, though =)

Stacey Schafer said...

so pretty! thanks for playing the curtain call!

Melisa Hunter said...

Such a pretty card... I love those outline frames... great for so many styles. Your flower is gorgeous with the pretty yellow paper.

Michelle Woerner said...

I love this!! Great combo of elements!! That trio of bling by the sentiment is perfection! Hugs,

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful case Maureen!!! The base color almost looks like Cranberry...what ever it is it looks and works perfectly with the color theme!!! Thank you for joining us again this week!!! Hugs ~S~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...