Thursday, October 28, 2010

Merry and Bright ~ Wildcard #14

Hi everyone!!  We are off to the pumpkin patch today...it's at a local farm about 40 minutes out of town.  We will go on a hayride, feed corn to the sheep, pick out our own pumpkins and hopefully, if the rain holds up, go for a walk along the river.  It is so beautiful down there, it looks like a movie set!! LOL  That's the only way I can describe it.  I'll try to take a picture that will do it justice :)  Today's card is the next WaCCCky challenge.  I pulled these 4 colours a few weeks back.  This first card is my edited version with these colours.... 

And this is the original.  It was just a little too plain for me so I changed the card base colour and the dp print, then added the extra green ribbon.  Thanks for visiting!!!  Let's hope our field trip is Merry (everyone happy) and Bright (no rain!)....



what's in it?
stamps: pti signature christmas, old holly leaves stamp
ink: su kiwi kiss, versafine onyx
paper: su real red, choc chip; pti kreaft, white, bitty box dp
accessories: circle nestabilities, buttons, gemstones, su ribbon, pti tag die, linen thread, sheer ribbon, cuttlebug ef

9 comments:

Justine said...

I love this and what great color choices.

Melisa Hunter said...

Love these colours! If I have time, I'd love to play. I really like the rich combo in the second card you made. So pretty for a Christmas card to have pink on it... or berry sorbet! ;)

Have fun at the pumpkin patch!

Marisa said...

Love the tag on the card and the ribbon with the button on the top of the tag. Actually like the both :) Well done.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a dry day for you. Been to the pumpkin patch in buckets of rain and it makes for some messy pumpkins and kids LOL!

You had me ROFL with your WHA, WHA, WHA comment about Campbell's speech :) We missed it as we have Bible Study on Wednesday nights.

Nancy L. said...

really beautiful card and color combo!!!
always making beautiful things!!

Lynn said...

Maureen, love the double bows on that first one!!

Tammy said...

Love it Maureen! When I first saw it pop up on my Blog reading list, I thought of Dawn McVey right away--I know you're a big fan of hers!!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love this, Maureen! Love how you dressed up and think the extra touches are perfect!

Tiffany Heilman said...

Love the revamped card. Also love how you showed the original. Great idea! I have a card I need to do this to. Thanks for the inspiration.

Winter said...

CUTE! I LOVE the colors choices, I need to write those down for a future card! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...