Monday, December 20, 2010

Good Will Towards Men

glorytoGod

Good evening!!  Well, it was the first official day off today :)  I had a couple of late morning appointments, some time in a local coffee shop and some stamping time in the studio with a dear friend.  We like to share paper and goodies and this time she brought over some delicious My Mind’s Eye Christmas paper…oh, I had to use it right away!  The sketch is from Karen’s Sweet Sunday Challenge.  I would normally change this size of card to the standard size, but this card is going to my dear neighbours so I can hand deliver it.  This sweet people have been my neighbours since I moved into my place 15 years ago.  They also go to my church and are super talented musicians.  The wife, Jennifer, played her celtic harp and sang at our wedding.  So I made this special Christmas card for them :)  Notice the rustic bells?  (Verve fans who were at the last release party will appreciate this!! lol)  Well, I was at Michaels (again), hoping the purple and blue bells would be in stock again, but they weren’t.  BUT I did notice a wreath ornament kit made with 112 rustic bells!!! AND it was on sale AND I could use the store’s 20% off your order coupon…score!!!!  Oh, and I want to share my little to do list on my computer desk…it’s been updated since this post :)  Actually, it should be updated again…airport pick up and cherry crumble done!!  Just need to work on the next WaCCCky :)  Hope you’re having a lovely evening…I’m off to start the baking!!

signature

IMG_2299

SSSC97 

What’s in it?

stamps: Verve Richly Blessed, Star of Wonder

ink: su sahara sand, versafine onyx

paper: pti cream, kraft, su ruby red; My Mind’s Eye dp

accessories: square nestabilities, pti buttons, seam binding ribbon (Memriemare @ Etsy); gemstone, stitching, rustic bells, twine, su scallop border punch

7 comments:

Ann said...

Mmm, love that bg paper, & your ribbon & bells are SO pretty! Tomorrow I am working from home finishing up some grading, then I am FREE!!!! Wheeeee!!! :D

Melisa Hunter said...

Those trees look so cute lined up on that long card! Thanks for the great visit and the yummy latte. Have a good week! ttys! Melisa

Marisa said...

Love how you used that DP and used the star with the sentiment.

I can't believe I didn't think about the kit for bells! I had the kit in my hand to get for the kids to make before the Verve party chatter but knew I'd end up putting all those bells on so passed on it. Didn't even think about getting it to use myself - though did pick up a bag of silver bells the other day. Pretty sure that kit is sold out now, but will check on Wed. when we head out that way and I may get lucky. If not, I know of another Mike's could be persuaded to go visit LOL!

Lynn said...

Love the tree paper on this card...and what a great sentiment...sounds perfect for your neighbors!

Aimes said...

Yup, still got my sneaky eue on those stamp sets in the background *wink*
Oooh you did shock me with the change in card size today but that paper totally suits it! Those bells are pretty gorgeous too - now you've got 112 to play with (or is that now 110?) I'll expect to see them on every card from now on LOL!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This card is charming Maureen!! I love how you used the star and sentiment! And the dp is super sweet!!

TannyP said...

Looks like I need to make a stop by Michaels for some of those awesome bells! Super cute card - and I love your updated to do list =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...