Friday, January 28, 2011

Love Will Keep Us Together

vlvfeb1

Yay!!! TGIF everyone!!  Or maybe just if you are a working Monday to Friday gal like myself :)  In the summer, when I’m off, I actually like the week better than the weekend…weird, eh?  First up, thanks so much to EVERYONE for such lovely comments about my debut Diva Dare post yesterday.  You are too sweet :)  Next up is the first February Viva La Verve challenge!!  Yes, we have 4 more days of January, but hey, let’s start the month of Love early!!  I warned Amber it was going to be a girly girly card and here it is! LOL  To pick a stamp for my card, I looked at my new Love Notes set and picked one that hadn’t seen ink yet…trust me, this was difficult as most of them have seen ink and more than once! LOL  I am so in love with Echo Park’s Be Mine collection right now.  This card uses a lot of the pinks so maybe I need to get a little edgier next week with the neutral blacks and greys of this paper!  How do you like that blinged out ribbon?!  LOL  After tying this bow, there was/is glitter all over the studio!!  I also tried another chipboard frame using my labels 16 and square nestabilities dies.  It took 3 passes through the Cuttlebug again like this card, but cut cleanly with a little help from my exacto knife :)  For all the deets on this fun Viva La Verve challenge, head over to the Verve Forum on Splitcoast.  Submit cards for all the month’s challenges and you could win the whole next Verve Stamps release….suh-weet!!  Hope your weekend is starting off right!!  We are skating again this afternoon so it should be a quick, fun day :)  oh, and remember there’s one more day to get your Diva Dare challenge done AND make comments on the other Diva’s posts to win more Verve!  Fun, fun!! 

signature

VLVFebWeek1Sketch

what’s in it?

stamps: verve love notes

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti kraft, lavender, raspberry fizz, echo park be mine dp

accessories: circle, square, and labels 16 nestabilities, chipboard coaster, su scallop punch, stitching, blinged out glitter ribbon (Michaels), pti buttons, thread, gemstones

5 comments:

Justine said...

ooo, I love your interpretation of this sketch

Marisa said...

You're going to be sparkling in the classroom today :) Great use of that nestie and this is definitely a girly girl card. My daughter would love it. Enjoy your Friday and skate a bit for me.

TannyP said...

Another beauty! That nestie frame looks fabulous and that ribbon is definitely you!

Have fun skating =)

Melisa Hunter said...

Love those coaster frames. Such great texture! I really like the thicker thread you're using... I'll have to try that. Gorgeous colours and such fun ribbon!

Kristina said...

LOVE that purple glittery ribbon! How fun is that?! I like how you switched out the square frame for that amazing nestie... And the little touches of buttons and bling are perfect. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...