Monday, February 7, 2011

I Lift Up My Eyes

fromtheLord

Good morning, sweet friends :)  Today’s card is a little bittersweet for me.  Though I loved making it, it is for a dear former colleague who is going through a very difficult time.  I wanted to make her a special card and send her healing wishes.  She has great faith and is a very strong person but I just need to let her know I’m thinking about her.  I knew that I wanted to use a Verve Scripture verse and this one fit perfectly.  I’m using Stacey’s newest Curtain Call Colours from her colour challenge this week :)  I thought this Basicgrey Olivia paper matched the colours so well :)  I hope you’ve all had a fabulous start to your week.  Thanks so much for visiting…I appreciate the time you take to come and take a peek and to comment :)  Hugs!

signature 

swatch 68

what’s in it?

stamps: verve plain jane psalm 121, dream big

ink: versafine onyx, su rose romance

paper: pti sweet blush, white, su melon mambo, basicgrey dp

accessories: pti ribbon, button, thread, gems, circle and lacey circle nestabilities, stitching

15 comments:

Laurel said...

Beautiful card!

TannyP said...

Wow - those colors look incredible together! Your stitching is lovely and that ribbon looks perfect. Great use of the button & bling =)

Marisa said...

Gorgeous card. Love the DP and I'm sure your colleague will be touched to receive it :)

Michelle Woerner said...

Very pretty girl! Love the stitching -there you go again with the fancy red!! Hugs,

Aimes said...

What a super colleague you are, Diva! I'm sure she'll really appreciate this gesture: I'm doing the exact same for a colleague here! I find sneaking these beauties in their lunch-boxes goes down well :D
Perfect balance with the bling and that button! I wouldn't expect anything less!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So pretty, Maureen! Love that bit of bling!

Silke Ledlow said...

Very pretty GF! The Psalm is wonderful! Thanks for playing with us! Hgus ~S~

Tammy said...

Stunning as always Maureen! I'm just about to sit down with this colour challenge; hoping to pair it up with PTI's Make it Mondays challenge too. I LOVE the flowers in Stacey's inspiration photo!

Lynn said...

Basic Grey happiness....and as always I love your stitching...I have got to get beyond white stitching only!

Kristina said...

So gorgeous. And I'm sure the beautiful, cheery colors, along with the verse will bring a smile to her face. :)

Heidi said...

Very pretty Maureen!

Janelle said...

Beautiful card, Maureen. Love the way you composed the circle with the scripture, flower, button, & bling. (button & bling... haha!) Perfect patterned paper for the challenge. I'm sure your friend appreciates knowing that you're thinking of her -- and what a lovely way to show it.

Keva said...

This is so lovely. The sentinent panel is especially nice. I love the plain janes!

Christina said...

Another beautiful card, Maureen! That patterned paper is stunning, and I love the flower stamped behind your sentiment. Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call this week!

Stacey Schafer said...

GORGEOUS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...