Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Diva Dare ~ Colour Me Spring!!

divadare3april

Good morning greetings!!  It’s my turn to post over on the Verve Blog on Day 6 of the March Diva Dare challenge.  This month the Divas are celebrating Spring by DARING you with colour!! Two of my favourite things!!  This first card is my first attempt at stitching a grid onto patterned paper.  This idea popped into my head when I found these cute little felt Easter stickers at Michaels last month.  I couldn’t resist them!!  They are really well made and too adorable!!  I used the girl bunny and an extra carrot then added a double Flutter By die cut butterfly, a couple of coordinating buttons and some fun ribbon.  If this doesn’t say “colour” I don’t know what does!! LOL  My next card uses richer, more saturated colours.

divadarepapril2

I wanted so much to make another card using the latest Hope Perches Plain Jane with the SU bird punch.   I typed out 3 “hopes” in a word document and then added the extra “hopes” with the Hope stamp in Richly Blessed.  Head over to the Verve Blog and check out all the deets for this challenge and how YOU could win some new VERVE!!!  I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU!!  teehee…have a wonderful day :)

signature

DivaDareMarch11_200

 

what’s in it?

{Easter Greetings}

stamps: verve egg-stra special

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti white, su daffodil, the girls paperie dp

accessories: verve flutterby die, pti buttons, Michaels felt stickers, gems, twine, pti ribbon, stitching

 

{Hope}

stamps: verve hope perches plain jane, richly blessed, love’s flower

ink: versafine onyx, versamark, su bermuda bay and rose romance

paper: pti cream, kraft, hawaiian shore, basicgrey dp

accessories: su bird punch, pti dies, gems, stitching, Word Document, seam binding ribbon, button, twine

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a super cute Easter card! I like how you stitched all of those sections, very cute!

Marisa said...

I have a thing with bunnies right now since they ate my crocuses down to the nib so none bloomed - grrr!!! - so I'll pretend there isn't one on your cute card LOL! Wonderful mix of styles between the two cards.

Wendy J. said...

This is just adorable, Maureen!

Amy Sheffer said...

That first card is so stinkin' cute! Love the stitched grid!! And the second is so rich and elegant!

Lynn said...

Oh...those felt elements are adorable! Love the bright cheery colors and the way you made your grid with your stitching. You are a true DIVA!!! Hope spring has arrived and is staying for good in your neck of the woods!

Colorado Crafter said...

What lovely cards!! The first one is so cute and I love those bright "spring-y" colors and also the cute felt bunny and carrot! Guess I am going back to Michaels this week! LOL!! I keep saying I need to take a break from craft shopping, but there's always another reason to go right back.

Betty Wright said...

The top card is so precious! I totally missed these felt stickers. Love the stitchy grid look! Need to remember that one. I also love how you did the words of hope on the second card! Both are fabulous, Moe!

Unknown said...

Awww this card is sooo adorable! Love the delicate colors and sweet design. This truly inspires me as I create easter cards this year. thank you. My warmest and happy Easter wishes to you and your loved ones.

Have fun this Easter!
Hugs xxx Mich

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...