Monday, June 6, 2011

For You

foryou

Hi friends!!  It’s a new week and I think it will fly by!!  I start my preparations tonight for report card writing.  I won’t bore you with the details…except to say that Moe will be one happy camper in a week!  LOL  Today’s card is my take on this week’s Waltzingmouse Sketch challenge.  This is the second take of this photo…the first one was pretty crazy.  The large yellow button had quite the glare going on with all the light tent lights, so I had to turn one light off.  MUCH better!!  I love these little gingham paper patches and those HUGE buttons!!  This is the perfect way to get rid use them up ;)  I hope this card brings you a smile today like it does to me :)  Thanks so much for stopping by :)

signature

WMSC50_thumb[3] 

what’s in it?

stamps: waltzingmouse stamps vintage ornaments, fancy phrases

paper: pti rustic cream, kraft, su peach parfait, various gingham scraps

ink: versafine onyx

accessories: pti button boutique and blossom dies, circle punch, pti twine and buttons, prima flower, thread

13 comments:

TannyP said...

Love those little gingham boxes - and the buttons are perfect! Fabulous use of the thread and such a fun sketch. Great inspiration for my Monday morning, Moe!

Marisa said...

Darling gingham patches and what a great way to use up big buttons (big SU butterfly is the other). Good luck prepping for report cards. Just think, in 3.5 weeks you will be free as a bird - I'm jealous LOL! Have a great day. BTW, my daughter is greeeeeen with envy that you have an iPad (she was near the computer and read your comment when I had it up). Enjoy learning about it.

Kelly S. said...

Oh such a sweet and charming idea for this sketch...this would make a great design for a whole set of notecards, Maureen! Will totally keep this tucked in my memory for a great use of gingham AND big honkin' buttons, hee!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is so sweet Moe!! Love your little patches with the coordinating buttons!!

Aimes said...

Oh what a fabby take on that sketch, Diva! A great use for those biggie buttons that hoard all the space in my jars blocking access to my sweet li'l ones (not that I don't love the big ones of course, I just struggle to use 'em!)
Hugs!
Aimes
x

Lynn said...

Love the gingham Maureen...and how you changed it up just a bit for the sentiment gingham...super cute!

Julia Aston said...

The colorful patterns look wonderful behind these fun big buttons! Thanks for playing with the WMS sketch again this week Maureen!

Andrea M said...

Holy fabulous creation! This is awesome Maureen! I own the PTI Button Boutique set but don't use it a whole lot - not sure why… BUt this totally inspires me to use it!!! LOVE it!

Deborah Frings said...

This is fab! I do like the soft colours and pretty buttons!

Savitri said...

This is way too cute!! I LOVE everything about this!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Super Sweet!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is adorable! I love the coordinated gingham and buttons!! I was away on business this week and missed all of the gorgeous entries! What a lovely take on the sketch, Maureen!!

Janelle said...

And now I'm all caught up! Love this card with the gingham patches and the really big buttons... great way to make use of those honkin' things! :) I also enjoyed all the pics of your house as it's been coming along over the past month. Very exciting times for you! Thanks for all the card-making inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...