Sunday, July 17, 2011

Thank You

thankyou

Good morning friends!  I feel like I’ve been a little MIA in the studio this week.  I’ve been running around picking out kitchen and bathroom faucets, tubs, sinks and toilets!  I know, hard life.  I’m now in the middle of picking out the granite for the kitchen counters…no easy feat.  You need to pick out something you’ll love to look at every day (sort of like a husband!! LOL).  Anyways, I was so happy to finally make this card for the Moxie Fab World’s Tuesday Trigger this week :)  I couldn’t resist this photo!!

53782836_9GISJP6e_c

Of course, the first thing that came to mind was a button card!!  But I thought I be a little more creative…black dots on a yellow die cut :)  The floral background inspired me to stamp a pink damask design and the tiny bit of green made it’s way to the sentiment panel.  A little black and white gingham for an added something special and the card looks pretty much like what was in my head all week :) Okay, here are a couple more house updates… the first picture made me laugh when I saw it Thursday night…I went up to clean the house for 2.5 hours!!  There were wood shavings, pipe, wood scraps, etc all over after the plumber and his crew were there.  I noticed this little “to do list” beside our bedroom upstairs.  I laughed at the third item “clean up” and it wasn’t checked off…hmmm, I guess they were leaving that job for me!

checklist

This second photo shows the progress on the roof and windows.  The roof is pretty much done now.  I think the next phase is having the house wired…then we’ll be at lock up.

roofonJul14

Thanks so much for stopping by…I’m getting ready for my trip to Ohio and I’ll try to have a few cards made for when I’m gone :)  Have a great Sunday.

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: verve words cannot express, pti damask designs, mat stack 2 collection, polka dot basics 2

ink: versafine onyx, su pretty in pink, mellow moss

paper: pti cream, rustic cream, su daffodil

accessories: pti mat stack 1 and 2 dies, gingham ribbon, gems

8 comments:

Marisa said...

Love the list LOL! I remember going with my parents to vaccum the house before the carpet was laid, scrap drywall past off the floors etc. That industrial VAC got a work out LOL!

Great take on the insp piece. Loving the big black polka dots.

Melisa Hunter said...

What an original and fun card for the Tuesday Trigger. Love the gingham ribbon on the pink damask!

Annette Allen said...

great card...love how you put the yellow and black polka dots on it. It really pops.
Cool house..

Lynn said...

The to do list cracked me up! I'm impressed that they even had cleaning on the list! Your card is fabulous. I didn't even see the pink details the first time I looked at the picture, but I love the damask background. It is gorgeous!

TannyP said...

Not only do you make a fabulous card, but you even cleaned up after the contractors?! You're a truly awesome woman =) That background is lovely and the die cut pieces are just right, my friend!

Aimes said...

What a FABULOUS take on that trigger, Diva! You resisted the buttons but not the bling I see *wink*
Wow! That house is coming on a treat! I guess it's good the guys did all the other jobs on the list...I mean if they're gonna leave you one job at least it's one we can all do, right?! LOL!
Will be thinking of you on your adventure!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maureen! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Andrea M said...

Hey Moe! The house is looking AWESOME!!! WOW!
The card is AWESOME! LOVE the black and yellow with the pink! So unexpected and so FANTASTIC!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...