Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Better With You

vlvaug4

Hi everyone!  Thanks for stopping by!  I have some more of that gorgeous Authentique Splendid paper to share with you AND some more of the fun stamps and dies recently released by Verve a week and a half ago!  I was so pleased to discover that the bit of lilac on the blue patterned paper matches my favourite May Arts twill ribbon!!  SCORE!! and SWOON!  I am a few days behind, but so wanted to use Diva Charmaine’s wonderful sketch for this week’s Viva La Verve Challenge.  I altered the scalloped panel a bit, but that’s the fun of creativity, eh?  How have you been doing on the VLV sketches?  One more week left in August…so that means if you complete all 5 sketches, you can enter into the draw for the next WHOLE release…how’s that for a fabulous prize?!!  On the new house front, I have picked the colours for the inside of the house…basically we are going with different tones of Sahara Sand and blue/greys in the bathrooms.  I wanted a very neutral palette this time round as we have gorgeous flooring going in and a stunning view…don’t want to distract from those :)  PLUS this way I can have some fun with fabric!!  Have a fabulous day :)

signature

VLVAUG11Week4Sketch

what’s in it?

stamps: Better With You, Making a Statement (Verve)

paper: cream, white (PTI), island indigo (SU!), Splendid (Authentique), notepaper dp (My Little Yellow Bicycle)

ink: onyx (Versafine), soft sky (SU!)

accessories: rounded rectangle die, from the heart dies (A Cut Above Dies by Verve), ribbon (May Arts), gems (Kaisercraft), spiral note page die (My Favourite Things), scallop border die (PTI), embossing folder (SU!)

7 comments:

Aimes said...

Oooh I love the way that gorgeous ribbon really brings out the lilac on that patterned paper and heart :)
You also have me swooning over those Authentique papers too and the ledger panel especially (although it's kinda reminding me that I need to do some work for school! LOL!)
Hugs,
Duchess
x
P.S I have got a couple more Verve sketch cards to share yet - one dedicated to you!

TannyP said...

What a lovely bunch of papers! Those new stamps just make me smile and the little hearts are perfect! That ribbon is awesome =)
Sounds like the house is going to be stunning!

Lynn said...

I love the May Arts ribbon...yummy! I don't own any of it...hmmm...feel a little enabling going on! Love your card Moe...and the colors for your home sound fabulous!

Marisa said...

Great take on Charmaine's sketch. I need some time in my room to be able to play along as I'm missing my stamps. Loving the note book page (on to my wish list it goes) and the three hearts are too cute. Lovely pop of colour with the ribbon. How fun being able to pick colours for your place. Love the neutral pallet as you can dress it up with accent colours :) Have a fabulous day (((hugs)))

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

I just LOVE this, Maureen! This is just beautiful! Thanks for playing along!

Melisa Hunter said...

Love your take on this sketch. Such pretty colours. I like how you embossed the scallop strip in kraft. Glad to hear that your move to your dad's went well. We'll have to talk soon!

Tracey said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this Maureen!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...