Wednesday, September 14, 2011

It’s the Little Things and some house pix!

littlethings

Good evening!!  Well, it’s my bedtime, but I was determined to make a card tonight and then I thought, why wait to post?  Since I didn’t have a post ready for this morning, let’s have one tonight :)  The new challenge over on A Passion for Papertrey is to CASE one of the PTI Design Team members!!!  I could not NOT participate in this super fun challenge…which really, is a pleasure more than a challenge :D  It’s no surprise I’m sure that I’m CASEing the fabulous Dawn McVey.  Everything she makes is golden IMHO. I thumbed through my “Dawn File” and came to this fun little card. 

layerfeb2011

I just love the colours she uses and how she layers die cuts.  I used some of my new PTI goodies including a sentiment from Dawn’s Gratitude Journal.  Whew, am I tired!!  But before I drift off, let me leave you with a few new house photos…first up is the front door trim that just went in.  To the left, you can see the den doors and new trim as well.

frontdoortrimsept13

When you enter the house through the garage (heated garage with automatic openers!! Finally!! What a treat!), there is a small mudroom to the left.  The door at the end is the powder room and the 2 doors in the mudroom will be an extra pantry and a place for cleaning products and vacuum hoses (central vac too!).

IMG_4108

This is a shot down the hall upstairs.  This is the door to the second bedroom.  The laundry room is to the right. The trim was all laid out, now it’s on the walls :)

secondbedroomdoortrimsept12

Thanks so much for visiting :)  I’m tired, but it’s a good tired, means I’ve been productive :)  Sweet dreams,

signature

what’s in it?

stamps: pti gratitude journal, newsprint background

ink: versafine onyx, su wisteria, basic gray

paper: pti rustic cream, kraft, berry sorbet, su wisteria

accessories: pti dies, baker’s twine, gems, button, twine, staple

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh my...you ordered the journal tabs and stamps...so so sweet...and that mum is to die for!

Now...onto the house! Is that the door to my room? Looking fabulous!

Marisa said...

Oooh...love that flower and what a great sentiment. Fun mix of colours and cute tab on the side. House is looking more and more like it's ready to move into soon :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous cards and colours! House is coming along great.

Tanya said...

Yay, walls!! Looking good!

Andrea M said...

Ooooh, more house pics!! AWESOME!

LOVE your CASE of Dawn's card too! Girl, everything you make is golden too!!! And this is no exception - FABBY!!!

Aimes said...

Hey Diva! Sorry I've been MIA - school is soooooooo busy and I'm getting home and curling up on the sofa with a good cuppa (or G&T *wink*)
Loooooooooove your take on Dawn's card! I spot a li'l staple again :)
Oooh more house pics! It's really coming together so quickly now! I thought the extra pantry space would be for your stamps! LOL!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Inkyfingers said...

What a fabulous mix of colours and textures on this lovely card. The house looks so light and airy!
Hugs
Carol x

victoria h said...

a beautiful card with so much texture - I need that flower die too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...