Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Key to Every Dream

keytoyourdream

Good morning!!  Those fabulous ladies over on A Passion for Papertrey have the most fabulous challenge happening this week.  Be inspired by a book!!  I love challenges like this!  Oh, but which one to pick?  When I have to make a choice like this, I always go with The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.  I read it over 15 years ago and forget most of the story except for one excerpt…

51hHYQZG0rL__BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU15_

When a person really desires something, all the universe conspires to help that person realize his dream.

This has really stuck with me throughout the years.  I even have it as the opening quote in my wedding scrapbook.  So what did I desire?  To be a good mother, to create my own happiness and to find someone who would love me deeply and want to spend the rest of his life with me.  Things have always happened later rather than sooner with me…but I have come to appreciate that things worth having are worthy of patience and even a little pain.  Having said that, be careful what you wish for!! Be specific because you just might get it!! LOL  I knew I had to find the perfect stamp to convey this feeling and I think I’ve found it in this sentiment from PTI’s Daydreamer set.  What are your heart’s desires?  Food for thought on a Sunday morning, eh?  Thanks so much for spending a few moments here…I really appreciate it :) Hugs!

signature

what’s in it?

stamps: pti daydreamer

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti soft stone, aquamist, lilybee memorandum dp

accessories: su ribbon and felt leaves, pti flower and fillable frame dies, button, twine, stitching

 

8 comments:

TannyP said...

Love that quote and you created a true beauty inspired by it. Gorgeous card, Maureen! Again, a perfect bow and fabulous flower!!

Aimes said...

Well you know what they say, Diva: "The best things in life are worth waiting for..." so true methinks ;)
Oh I love how soft, serene and pretty this card is. So very dreamy (coordinating with that sentiment perfectly!)
Thanks for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey too! :D
Hugs!
Duchess
x

Marisa said...

Love blue and yellow together and the sentiment is fabulous. Lovely card. Enjoy your Sunday :)

Kathy Martin said...

Pretty card! :)

Caryn said...

Just gorgeous Mo, love the colours and how the whole thing just looks effortless.

Thanks for playing with us at APFP.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

The Paper Parade said...

Maureen, my in-laws are here and they're looking over my shoulder at your blog and think that if they received this card they'd be very happy :) I think its beautiful! The yellows and blues are so cheery, and the stitching is perfect.

Lynn said...

Moe,
This is so soft, subtle and beautiful! I love it. My biggest heart's desire is for my children to be happy. I think about that often and hope that the find love and do something they love when they are older.

Great food for thought my dear friend.

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi again Maureen,
Boy I had a bit of catching up to do, again, I am so sorry about that, life has been alittle hard lately. But I am back now and wow what lovely creations I am seeing here (as always)! Love todays card and I agree with Aimes, the best things in life are worth waiting for.
My hearts desires are starting to see fruition thanks to two wonderfully kind bloggers out there. I wanted and needed to lift myself up and get back on track, find my creativity mojo again, learn to build a blog and craft again. Well I am feeling much more positive and have been looking into the blog and have created a few new cards.. so upwards and onwards from here!!
Thank you for the wonderful inspiration. All the best Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...