Sunday, March 4, 2012

Back in the Saddle

St. Pat’s Fact: The harp is the symbol of Ireland. Perhaps the legends of its magical powers come from the time when the bards would sing and tell stories of famous events to the Irish kings and chiefs. During the early 1500s, under the rule of Henry VIII, the harp was first depicted on Irish coins. That tradition is carried on today and the harp is also used for other official duties such as the Irish state seal, official documents and uniforms.

backinthesaddle

Good afternoon!  It’s a gorgeous sunny and warm day out and I’ve got a coffee in the studio while I create some cards and watch the men’s Canadian Curling :)  Pretty good day to say the least.  I’m using the Waltzingmouse Sketch this week to create a fun Cowboy Shabby card…haha…that’s what I’m calling it…kind of like my Cowboy Glam card a few sketches ago ;)  I’m am still quite in love with my WMS Back in the Saddle set.  It’s still in my “use first” container on my desk.  I haven’t put it in my WMS binder yet.  This sentiment fits perfectly into a square nestabilities die.  I was also excited to use some new Authentique Free Bird paper.  It must be a special collection as the cover of the pad is different from the other ones.  The papers are amazing and I can’t wait to use more of them.  I love the colours and think this card would easily cheer up a friend :)  Hope your day is going well.  As always, I so appreciate you stopping by for a few minutes :)  Hugs!

signature

WMSC87_thumb[1] 

what’s in it?

stamps: wms back in the saddle

ink: su basic grey

paper: pti springmoss, raspberry fizz, rustic cream, authentique free bird

accessories: spellbinders dies, seam binding ribbon, button, twine, gems, stitching

14 comments:

Andrea M said...

Gorgeous card, as always :) Love the pretty patterned paper with the old west text! And the ribbon treatment is awesome!
I'm lovin' the St. Pats's facts too!

The Paper Parade said...

Very pretty! Love the turquoise accent with the ribbon and the great sentiment :)

Vickie Z said...

Love the pink and teal!!! Wonderful use of the sketch!!!

Renee said...

Gorgeous!!
Love that "Cowboy Shabby"...
the colors...
the papers...
that seam binding and yummy bow!
Such a cheerful and fabby take on the sketch...
would definitely brighten someone's day! :)

Marisa said...

Urban cowgirl I'd say :) Glad you got some studio time. Interesting info re: harps - didn't know that.

Lynn said...

Your sentiment with the rhinestones makes me think of an awesome ladies cowboy hat with lots of rhinestones! I love the way you wrapped the ribbon.

Love the harp fact. Jonathon went with school to see our local symphony and he is fascinated with the harp!

Kelly S. said...

I just love how you use Back in the Saddle, Maureen Your cards with it have done made it shoot right to the top of my wish, partner...heee :) You always use it with such beautiful papers and give it such a timeless feel :) Awesome use of the seam binding with this week's sketch!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love this, Moe, and the way you use that set takes my breath away! I was thinking of you today and hoping everything went okay. Best of luck to you and your fellow teachers - I have many teachers in my family and you all do such good work (and usually really under appreciated!)

Pauline said...

This is stunning! Gorgeous papers, and ribbon, and that label is fabulous!

Julia Aston said...

I love how you've dressed up the Cowboy sentiment Maureen! pretty colors and papers and sweet ribbons! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Carla said...

WOW, how nice and those colors! Thanks for the inspiration! Love from Holland.

Jean Martin said...

Gorgeous card Moe! Lovin' the colors! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Tee hee! I just used that same sentiment for tomorrow's sketch :) Superb work as always, chica! Thanks for playing :)

Kim Duran said...

Maureen, this card is so pretty! I always love what you create with this stamp set! That's it! I must use this set soon...you have me inspired! Have a great day and thanks for joining us this week at Waltzingmouse!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...