Saturday, March 3, 2012

Bloom and Grow

 St. Pat’s Fact: St. Patrick’s Day is observed on March 17 because that is the feast day of St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland. It is believed that he died on March 17 in the year 461 AD. It is also a worldwide celebration of Irish culture and history. St. Patrick’s Day is a national holiday in Ireland, and a provincial holiday in the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador. Unfortunately, I live in BC and we don’t observe it…but fortunately it’s on a Saturday this year and the beginning of Spring Break!! Woohoo!

bloomandgrow

Good afternoon!  I’m a bit late posting today as I was up early to go food shopping and hit the gym so I could be back home for the first curling game in the Men’s Brier, our Canadian championship playdowns!  I had all the fixings for this card laid out on my desk last night ready to go when I made it back down to the studio :)  I was a little lost with what to do with these colourQ colours this week, so I looked to my patterned paper to help out (and my beloved modern woodgrain and hello friend stamp sets :).  To add a little more green, I tucked a library card image stamped in green underneath everything :)  I think this would make a great card for a student teacher :)  Hope your weekend is going well…thanks for stopping by!  Oh, I hope you enjoy the return of my St. Pat’s Day facts.  It’s my own little way to start celebrating a little early (without green beer! LOL).

signature

cqc126

what’s in it?

stamps: verve bloom and grow, pti modern woodgrain, hello friend, library card

ink: versafine onyx, su choc chip, kiwi kiss, pumpkin pie

paper: pti white, su pumpkin pie, october afternoon farmhouse

accessories: pti mat 4, fillable frame, leaf prints, and friendly flower dies, button, bakers twine, stitching

11 comments:

Marisa said...

Such a yummy colour comb. Hope to be able to play along. Wonderfully layered focal panel and the orange flower is perfect :) Hubby's watching some of the curling along with hockey, cooking show and a few other channels tossed in LOL!

Cheryl said...

Fabulous card! Great design and I love the colors.

We are getting ready for St. Patty's day. Corn beef, soda bread, Guinness, and my Irish music play list.

Vickie Z said...

Happy St. Paddy's month!!! You worked well with these colors and in your own style!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a lovely card Maureen, love all your details.

KanataNewf said...

Lovely card Maureen. As a transplanted Nflder, I can vouch that it is a provincial holiday. And, if truth be told, it's really celebrated for the entire week if you live in St. John's and frequent George Street.

Unknown said...

FABULOUS card, Maureen! I love that woodgrain piece (PTI, I'm guessing...) I love the layers on this, so fun, just my kind of thing. As a side note, your birthday is almost here! As a Christmas baby, I appreciate how you embrace your "holibirthday!" I do the same :) Thanks so much for playing at colourQ this week, your cards are always so pretty, I love to see what you make!! :)

Sylvia said...

Well designed card, Maureen, and even though you thought you were stumped by the colors, you did a wonderful job! Thanks for joining us this week and sharing your card.

Christina said...

Fantastic job with these colors! You always choose the perfect papers. Love how you stamped the library card in green, too!

Arielle H Gordon said...

This is gorgeous, Maureen! Love the flower & that woodgrain! Thank you so much for playing with us at the colourQ this week!

Lynn said...

I think you have a triple wammy this year for your birthday! Saturday, spring break and your birthday!! Awesome! Love the paneling you did with the brown and yellow papers! Gorgeous.

The Paper Parade said...

That yellow gingham with the neat ruler paper and great sentiment with woodgrain mat all come together to make such a great card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...