Saturday, June 23, 2012

One of My Nicest Thoughts



Good morning!  Ah, Saturday morning, almost as sweet as Friday afternoon.  However, starting next Saturday, I’ll be enjoying the week days  more instead of the weekend.  My favourite days reverse in the summer!  I think it’s because I enjoy the pleasure of being home during the work week…daytime talk shows, checking the mail, going for lunch.  Today’s card colours come from this week’s colourQ palette.  An unusual combination but I tried to make it work with some fun patterned paper and a sweet bow.  That wee sentiment is from Verve’s Small Phrases which is on sale right now over in the Verve Store!!  I’ll have a bit more play time this weekend!  My once cold studio in the winter has turned into the nicest cool place for summer stamping!  Have a fabulous weekend!  See you soon!
signature
cqc142

what’s in it?

stamps: small phrases (Verve)

paper: rustic cream (PTI), soft sky (SU), Sidewalks (October Afternoon), Bundle (Authentique)

ink: onyx (Versafine)

accessories: ribbon (PTI), gems (Kaisercraft)

13 comments:

The Paper Parade said...

I love this color palate and the different patterns you chose, and the sentiment is such a nice one!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous! I love your design and colors!

Lynn said...

I'm still thinking on this color palette! I love the big polka dots against the yellow gingham! Off for a walk and two baseball games today!!

Hugs to you and Tony! xx

Jinny Newlin said...

I just adore this color palette, Maureen, and you've sure done it justice! Who can resist polka dots and gingham? Yum!

Marisa said...

Love the polka dots and gingham together :) Fun take on the CQ. Enjoy your weekend - just five more days!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Lovely card Maureen, the bow is perfect.

Kara Lynne said...

Great job with those colors. I think that's a tough challenge. Great sentiment too!

Luanne said...

You're one of my nicest thoughts, Moe! This is so fresh and pretty! Love your beautiful bow!

Ann said...

This is so sweet! Love the LO, mix of patterns, ribbon, & touch of bling! Fabulous!

Christina said...

This is so sweet, Moe! Love the big polka dots paired with gingham and the cute sentiment. Hope you've had a wonderful weekend!

Unknown said...

oh, Maureen, just WOW! I love the layers of different length and that fabulous bow! Thanks so much for playing at the ColourQ this week! :)

Sylvia said...

What a fun card, Maureen, love that bow! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your card.

TannyP said...

Tried to make it work? You kicked butt! This is a beauty...a CAS beauty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...