Saturday, July 21, 2012

PTI Mini Book Challenge

IMG_5572

Hey everyone!  Thought I’d taken a nap?  LOL  I’ve just spent the last 4 hours making this mini book for the PTI SAF Mini Book Challenge!  I seriously thought I’d sit this one out, but after being inspired by Melissa’s video, I thought I’d jump in and try one!  My theme is last year’s SAF event in Ohio :)  Now, I know I’m ruining the surprise, but this book is for my dear friend, Lynn, who said, “come to Ohio for Stamp-a-faire and stay with me.”  It took me about 5 seconds to think about it and say “yes.”  So I printed out 6 photos from SAF 2011 in black and white so the colours wouldn’t clash with the colour scheme of white, pink, green and kraft (a fav combo of Lynn’s).  See what I used for the Library card holder?  Stamp-a-faire postcards that were given out last year…finally a great use for them!  Here’s a photo of the planning stage…pulling papers, stamps and fiddling with layout…

IMG_5563

The finished pages before tying them together…

IMG_5564

The photos close up…

IMG_5566

On the back of each photo, I put the date and who is in the picture so that when Lynn and I are old and grey, we can remember who those strangers are with us! LOL  Like we are likely to forget EVER! LOL

IMG_5567

Oh, and I thought I should show you the little tag in the front pocket… I punched out the SAF logo from one of the post cards.

IMG_5573

Yay!  I get another badge!  Thanks, Melissa for getting me started!  And Lynn, act surprised when you get this in the mail ;)  teehee!  See you later…I need something to eat and then it’s the limited supplies videos! ACK!!  I’m way behind!

6a00d8341c64e753ef016768915d1f970b-100wi 

signature

All PTI products except for some patterned paper.  All stamps not from PTI are from Verve

8 comments:

Melisa Hunter said...

You are rocking these challenges! How fun! Love this sweet mini-book with all of the fabulous details. Lynn will be thrilled! Can't wait to see what else you make!

Marisa said...

Lynn is going to LOVE this!! Fabulously done and what a great way to walk down memory lane :)

Tammy said...

WOW!! What a great job on this mini book! Great idea to make a keepsake from last year's event for your sweet host!! How could she not love this?!

Amy Papale said...

Beautiful Job!! I love this mini album.

Lynn said...

Oh Moe. You were not kidding when you said you were making something VERY special! Wow! I am so thrilled to be the receiving this. I keep looking through it and through it and clicking on the pictures to see all the beautiful details. Thank you my dear friend....I will certainly CHERISH this!!

Melissa said...

So beautiful! I love all of your special little details!
Melis

Aimes said...

Oh what a sweet project for Lynn! I love all the attention to detail on every element - this is definitely a work of ♥!
Such wonderful memories to treasure forever :)
Hugs!
Duchess
x

The Paper Parade said...

Lynn is going to be THRILLED!!!! She will totally love this :) It is too sweet :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...