Monday, February 4, 2013

Wish

wishmaureenplut

Good morning!  We are back from our romantic little getaway and it was everything we had hoped for and more :)  Taking the weekend off meant that I’m lagging behind on my Online Card Class, but it was worth playing hooky with the dh!  LOL  So let’s back it up to the Day 3 class, Stamping and Inking.  There were two techniques I really loved, but decided on this one as it involved stamping on labels.  Cool!  I inked up a favourite PTI background stamp set, Newsprint, and tried not to let the fact that the lines were not lined up bother me! LOL  I added some new washi tape and my new PTI jumbo tags.  I am definitely going to revisit the tutorials for this day…just when there’s time :)

AND to update my ambiguous one layer card post, the teachers liked it and it was spotlighted yesterday with other cards from the gallery :)  So I passed that challenge!  Yay!  AND before I go, I want to show you what I found at a little antique store close to where we were staying this weekend.  I found a little vintage tree frog for my desk (to hold scissors and/or pens) AND 30 vintage doilies for 50 cents!  That was the deal of the day! Wowzers! 

IMG_6531

Thanks for stopping by and have a great start to your week :)

signature

what’s in it?

stamps: pti newsprint, mega messages

ink: versafine onyx, su going gray, perfect plum, cool Caribbean

paper: pti kraft, white, soft stone, echo park winter wishes

accessories: pti tag die, freckled fawn washi tape, bakers twine, pearls, self adhesive labels

6 comments:

Lynn said...

You knocked this one out of the park too Moe! I love the color choices and the sweet little tag is awesome! The touch of twine is amazing.

Marisa said...

Glad to hear the teacher is also a good student ;) Graet use of dots and love that heart with the twine :) Glad you had a good w/e away.

Barb said...

Maureen, I love your take on Shari's fun idea! These colors are gorgeous!

Aimes said...

Well you've returned with a mojo on fire, Diva! Playing hooky has paid off! LOL!
So much to love about this card - it's kinda busy but still totally CAS if that makes sense? I could stare at it all day long!
Hugs!
Duchess
x

Helen F. said...

Fabulous card, Maureen. all the elements, layers and pretty embellishments create quite a beautiful effect.

Christina said...

Super cool! I love that cut up background and the strips of washi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...