Sunday, April 27, 2014

Happy Big Day!

happybigdaymaureenplut

Hi friends!  Welcome to my second Pretty Pink Posh Blog Hop post!  Paulina is hosting her very first blog hop and I thought it would be fun to join in TWICE!  I was in Michaels today and WOW, they’ve finally gotten on the chalkboard wagon and had lots of fun chalkboard items.  You all know MY love for chalkboard (the teacher in me!) so it was easy to come home inspired by those black backgrounds.  As I entered the studio after my shopping trip, I noticed my SU Chalk Talk stamp set and dies that have been sitting sadly staring at me since last summer.  And the rest is inky history.  I’ve got lots of Mother’s Day cards ready to go, but need some cards that would work for Graduation.  Add in a shaker element and it’s a grad card made in heaven in my books!  Thanks for stopping by!  Head over to Paulina’s blog to see all the fun! 

signature

bloghop 

stamps: SU Chalk Talk, Verve Peace on Earth (scroll image), Clearly Besotted Stamps Blooming Marvelous (congratulations)

paper: pti and studio calico printshop

22 comments:

Nikki said...

Lovely card! Love the sunburst effect with the pinked edge die xx

Rachel said...

this is beautiful. i love the borders you created around the window! such a fun card
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool!! :)

Jenny said...

Perfect graduation card - thanks for the idea - love it!

Hugs,

Jenny

Mary Duffek said...

Awwwwweee so cool and trendy: awesome card...:))

Lynn said...

This is a grad card made in heaven! Love all the sweet chalkboard elements.

Heather (goldiecar) said...

Loving the mix of the sizes!!! Just beautiful.

Lauren Taylor Made said...

very cute! love the colors.

TracyM #6773 said...

FUN & FABULOUS card!!!
LOVE your chalkboard window & sentiment, LOVE the POP of colour around your shaker and on the patterned paper too, it really makes your sequins shine :)
THANK YOU for sharing your fun sequin shaker inspiration!!!

Unknown said...

Very nice card! I like the chalk board!

Heather said...

very very cute, I love the chalkboard, great layout!!

Stacey Schafer said...

fabulous!

Patt H. said...

Fabulous card! A great idea for graduation. I love the chalkboard look too!

Gaylynn said...

Very fun chalkboard look. :)

Lucinde | Lucilight said...

Love the chalkboard!!

Unknown said...

The look of chalkboard here looks amazing

Sue D said...

Wonderful with the chalkboard technique.

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! How SWEET Is this!! I LOVE your Shaker Card Design!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Emily Lauritzen said...

Love the chalkboard background! Haven't tried that style yet myself, but it looks like fun!!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Love the sun shakers. fantastic card.

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous shaker card!

Kim S said...

I love how you were inspired! That funky dsp is just right with the blackboard look. The zig zag frame and the colorful sequins are great together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...