Thursday, July 3, 2014

Let Us Be Grateful

begratefulmaureenplut

Hi friends!  Well, I’m coming into the home stretch with the last Masters weekend until the Fall!  As of Saturday, I’ll have one year down and one more to go!  It’s been quite the roller coaster ride, but I don’t regret any of it!  Well, maybe some of the stress and anxiety of not knowing what I was doing…but it all came together!  My old fears of not thinking I could do this have turned into excitement and hope and visions of me walking across the stage in a cap and gown!  Fingers crossed!

Our dear faculty advisor from Gonzaga agreed to come and have our last weekend on the 4th of July weekend.  We said we could rearrange this, but he said he didn’t mind, they don’t do it up like they used to.  So we’re making a little Fourth of July celebration for him.  I knew I had to make a red,white, and blue card for him, along with some maple leaves to represent his BC cohort :)  He is a gentle, wise, calm, and uplifting spirit and we have been so blessed to have him as our advisor.  He makes everything so easy, well, at least feel easy!  LOL  He truly is what higher education is all about.  To all my American friends, have a wonderful Fourth of July tomorrow!  ox

signature

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Moe, a wonderful card to honor your teacher. The sentiment says it all and I love the nod to the red/white/blue.

Marisa said...

What a great idea for the prof :) Sure he will love it and feel blessed by everyone thinking of him. Great card too! Yeah for one year down!! Don't even think about not walking with a cap and gown - time out for you when you do LOL! Will be great to enjoy some "homework free" weeks soon :)

Melisa Hunter said...

Such a pretty card. Love how you combined elements of the two flags! Perfect sentiment, too! Good luck with your last weekend and the last assignments before the break.

Rom-a said...

Bardzo eleganckie, podoba mi się!

Vickie Z said...

Wonderful card...he'll love it!! Yeah for one year down....the next will go so fast!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...