Friday, August 1, 2014

They Will Never Forget the Way You Made Them Feel

youmadethemfeelmaureenplut

Happy Friday everyone!  Today’s card is a special one going to my oldest sister :)  She is retiring from a long and rewarding 39 year nursing career and today is her last day of “work.”  Some family, friends, and colleagues are going out for her last “long” lunch and I will take this card with a GC to her favourite quilting store :)  I thought this quote from Teachers Count was perfect…I love using it for retirement cards.  Though I usually leave the inside blank, I did print out this Dr. Seuss quote, “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”  (I’ve put a request in for Julee to one day make this a plain jane stamp!).

001

I’ve caught the mixed media bug and have used some embossing paste and stencils to create those sweet raised hearts.  I’m also using the brand new Viva La Verve sketch and colour combo.

VLVAug14Week1Sketch

 

 

VLVAug14Week1Color

I’ve also stamped an extra sentiment in the top right corner.  Here’s a close up…

closeup

And finally, here’s the glassine bag I’ll put the card and GC into :)

packaging

Are you thinking of trying a new art form?  Let me know!  Thanks for stopping by and make sure to head over to the Viva La Verve blog for all the deets on how you could win a fantastic Verve prize by playing along!

signature

what’s in it?

stamps:On Occasion, So Fluttery, Teachers Count (Verve)

dies:Occasion Frame Die  (Verve)

accessories: Shine Bright Sequin Mix

4 comments:

Lynn said...

I just found a stamp store 5 minutes from my house. Thinking about stencils as they have some but you know me...not patient enough for things to dry! I love your card. You sister will cherish this card is much. Congrats to her on a fabulous career

Melisa Hunter said...

Oh my gosh, Maureen this is so beautiful! Love the mix of all the elements, the colours and the sentiment in chalkboard style! A big congratulations to Cathy! Have a great week with all of the festivities!

Marisa said...

A huge congrats to your sister on an amazing career. Nurses are amazing people. Sure she will love this card - the perfect sentiments inside and out :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Congrats Maureen to your sister! Wow 39 years of doing what I think is the most important job in medicine! I LOVE your new art form, and I am taking baby steps towards it. Your card is pushing me further to it. Pinning this one for inspiration. ;) Gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...