Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Thanks for Everything

thanksforeverythingmaureenplut

Hi friends!  I’ve been creating in my PJs this morning and having a ball with my new watercolours.  I’ve been watching several You Tube video reviews and how-tos about my new Gansai Tambi watercolours and noticed that the artists all recommend “swatching out” your set onto watercolour paper.  So that’s what I did.

Purchasing tip for Canadians! The exchange rate is terrible right now so I’ve been checking Amazon.ca before purchasing art supplies like this watercolour set.  It was only $40.89, CND, with free shipping from Japan at the time I bought it.  Compare that to about $55, US, with shipping. It was supposed to take 4 weeks to get to me, but was only 2!  Score!

swatches

Swatching out was a good idea because many of the paints look “black” when really they are blue or purple or green.  I didn’t like the messy look of my swatch page so the “anal retentive” part of me made a new one by creating a table complete with the numbers and colour names (found here).  Then I used an old SU oval punch that was the perfect size for my chart!  I also made swatches on the paint set cover.

swatch2

swatchcloseup

I printed out my chart on PTI’s cream cardstock and was glad I did because it really makes the white and silver (pearl) swatches show up.  Then I started to play!

watercolourbackground

I wanted to make a card inspired by this one by Dawn McVey HERE.

DSC_6575.1

I die cut my leaves with the Leaf Prints die set.  Not as vibrant as Dawn’s, she used the Zig Clean Colour Real Brush pens (which are on their way to me too!).  I’ve created this card for the PTI Create Along with Us challenge.  I love this idea and had so much fun in my PJs! HA!  Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

signature

Create-along-with-us-heading

7 comments:

Marisa said...

Crafting in your jammies is such a treat :) Gorgeous leaves and card - love the gold sentiment. Well done with the colour chart and thanks for the purchase tip :)

Joyously Noelle said...

What a beautiful fall card! It's so fun to see how you used the inspiration card =)

Lynn said...

Oh my goodness.....this is absolutely stunning Moe. Love the gold against the vibrant fall colors.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow! Your card is so beautiful! Very eye-catching! I had to stop in to take a closer look! I like how you swatched out your Kuretake Gansai's too - great idea to use the punch! Thanks for sharing a link to the colour names!

nancy said...

Autumn is textural season to me with its layers of colors and sounds and actual textures. (Think of walking through some just fallen leaves.) You captured those in your card perfectly with different layers, colors and weights of product. Simply gorgeous.

Marcia Hill said...

Your card turned out just beautiful Maureen! Dawn would be very proud! :0) I've been kind of sitting on the fence about the watercolors, as I really like my Zig brushes, and I also really still like using my Aqua Painter and my SU! pads, but after seeing your card, I may have to reconsider!! :0)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Stunning!!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog to say HELLO! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...